My journey through life with HIV and HEP-C .

Monday, March 28, 2011

Stigma ............

I have just realized with the passing of the Fabulous Liz Taylor, how ignorant people still are about HIV/AIDS. Silly me for thinking it isn't so. Of course it is so different for me since I spent my twenty's taking care of my dying friends without the thought of transmission. One after another, some of them calling me 'Nurse Rachet' in an amusing sort of way...........watching my best friends leg being eaten alive by KS....... I am sure I could sit here and write how horrible it was and list all the aliments I took care of.

I have noticed while on a cruise site and labeling my status POS, you hear little whispers and frightened men, who meanwhile, are ready to screw anyone without a condom. Tops still think they can't get it, bottoms do not insist on using condoms. I don't understand gay men or why they would be so ignorant. So, dating right now is going to be pretty hard for me because I am honest about my status?  We shall see. I don't know that I would bother.

I finally get to see my Dr on Tuesday. I haven't seen her in a while and I think I need to get some readjustment of my meds. I have no energy. Somedays I just want to stay in bed with the covers over my head. The head Dr is today and she will need to help me adjust my meds or something. I feel my bright light dimming and I refuse to give in at this point of the fight !

Blessed be all**

No comments: